I am Phil, a Reviewer, ex Primary School teacher and headteacher, former Brighton and Isle of Wight guest house proprietor and Senior Library Assistant for the Isle Of Wight Library Service. I have recently moved to Weymouth, Dorset. I have been blogging on this site since January 2015. This is what you should find on this blog:
– A range of informative and entertaining reviews.
– Help to make informed choices for reading. As I am a reading butterfly, floating from genre to genre you’ll be unlikely to want to read all of my selections (if you do – hurrah! Were we separated at birth?!)
– Follow me to enjoy my latest blogs or pick and choose from the categories or the tag cloud on the right hand side of the blog posts. Use the indexes which are regularly updated to discover hundreds of reviews
– I have a large music collection and enjoy recommending things that are worth seeking out.
– My shelves are full of books waiting to be read so I will be offering a combination of reviews from books you may have missed out on, that I am just getting round to, alongside the newly published.
– I have this compulsion to finish every book I start, even if I hate it, but it is unlikely that I will publish that many negative reviews. If I love it I want to shout it from the rooftops. If I hate it I’m probably more inclined just to never mention it.
– Publishers and authors are welcome to contact me if you would like me to review a book. You can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am a member of Netgalley, have been a featured contributor to new books magazine and Nudge website for a number of years as well as writing reviewsrevues.
Join in the blogging experience by posting comments. I do reply to them!
I look forward to hearing from you and having you as a follower!
Check out some hand-picked- for- you reviews to show where I’m coming from……
16 thoughts on “About”
Hy Phil. This is indeed a lovely About Page! It is kind of a shopping list I’d say, but one that’s still cohesive and most importantly, one that left me excited enough to hit the follow button! Well done 🙂
To an extent I want it to be a shopping list – It’s tons better than the couple of sentences that I had up here before which even I didn’t really want to read. I read on the WordPress “About” Tutorial about putting the links in to give a flavour of what you are about and I very much liked that idea. Thanks for the comments and the follow! Welcome to reviewrevues.com!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Phil, I’m excited to see more! Also lists are great because reading-lazy people are more likely to actually read it through 🙂
Very unique blog, one of a kind am seeing. You write reviews! Interesting! Maybe you will review my unfinished book sometime. Cheers.
If it’s going to spur you on to finish it – then absolutely. Thanks for your comments!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi there! Is there an e-mail address I can contact you on?
I just discovered you through the serendipity of web-surfing and I see that I have a lot of catching up to do. Your review of Christopher Isherwood’s Diary, volume 1 made me want to dash off to get my hands on a copy; it was that compelling.. I have bookmarked your website for future reference and look forward to exploring it.
Many thanks Martin. Hope you continue to enjoy what you find at reviewsrevues.com. Phil
Hello Phil – Great blog! Can you let me have an email address please? I have an exciting proposition. Many thanks!
I can be contacted at email@example.com
Look forward to hearing from you.
Enjoyed you review of the latest john Boyne agree wholeheartedly about the hearts invisible furies a brilliant book
Haven’t come across your site before and at first glance you seem to like many of the same books as myself
I didn’t see any Amanda Craig novels in your list
Is this an oversight hearts and minds is brilliant
Thanks for the message and welcome to the site. Anyone is thinks Heart’s Invisible Furies is a brilliant book is alright by me. I have never read Amanda Craig but I am hopefully going to be putting this right very shortly. Thanks for the recommendation – it is much appreciated!
Thanks for the reply I will look at your list of reviews and see if there are any other notable omissions ,and also get to know your tastes a little better only glanced at it before as it came up as I was looking for reviews of the latest john boyne
Great to have an accessible book fan
Hey Phil, A few years back you reviewed one of my books, Angel of Highgate and even did an interview with you. I have two new books coming out and I wondered if you’d like a review copy? Please let me know. Best, Vaughn
Hello Vaughn. Great to hear from you. I would be delighted to receive a review copy. Please send details to my e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org